APS Vision: Every student shapes a successful future.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Aurora Public Schools Early Childhood Education Department is:
To provide the foundational opportunities that ensure all early childhood learners will engage in and benefit from their experiences to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to reach high levels of learning for future success.
APS 2020 Mission: “In partnership with our community, we accelerate learning for all students to develop the knowledge, skills and character necessary to shape successful futures.” The opportunities for early learning provide a strong foundation that will help to ensure academic success.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
(no school on Wednesdays)
Preschool student attendance days for 2012-2013 will be: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (Preschool students will not attend school on Wednesday). If your child is going to be absent or arriving late, please call our office at 303-363-0484.
- 9:30 am - 12:15 pm morning sessions
- 1:15 pm - 4:00 pm afternoon sessions
Child Find Testing: Call 303-326-3631 ext. 28431 for additional information or concerns regarding your child's development.
Colorado Preschool Program: classrooms are in session Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. There is No school on Wednesdays. Classroom teachers are using Teaching Strategies GOLD (TS GOLD) Objectives for Development and Learning assessment system. TS GOLD is an observational assessment tool designed to assess how children develop and learn. For additional information regarding our curriculum, please visit the ECE website at http://ece.aurorak12.org/curriculum/
Dear Preschool Student Parent/Guardian,
Each year, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) requires all Colorado public schools to count the students attending school. This count determines the funding we will receive from the state. We are approaching the student count period scheduled for Tuesday, September 27, 2016 through Thursday, October 20, 2016. The official count day determined through the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) is Wednesday, October 5, 2016. Aurora Public Schools preschool classes do not attend on the official count day, so the state has allowed us to use Thursday, October 6, 2016 as the actual count day. Therefore, it is very important your child is in attendance on this day.
We thank you for your continued support for your child’s education. Our goal is to have 100% student attendance on Thursday, October 6, 2016 and to receive all of the available state funds so we can provide your child with high quality preschool programming.
Aurora Public Schools
Early Childhood Education Staff
What does homework look like in preschool?
- Developmentally appropriate (apropiada para el desarrollo)
- Homework calendars will be on the school website and will be sent home once a month (el calendario de tarea estara en el sitio web de la escuela y se mandara a casa una vez por mes)
- Laredo CDC will continue its partnership with Aurora Public Library and the Backpack Reading Program will return this fall. (este otoño, vamos a continuar con el programa de mochilas con la Bibilioteca Publica de Aurora)
- Our school will also continue with the Reading Caterpillar (vamos a continuar con el programa de lectura en la escuela de la Oruga)
(click here to view/oprima para ver)
ReadingChart Programa de Lectura Familiar
Welcome Laredo CDC Families and students!
Our first day of class is Monday, August 15, 2016. We are excited for the start of a fabulous school year! We have great events and learning opportunities planned for our families and our students.
Our Back to School Night is right around the corner. Click here for the English/Spanish Flier. 2016 LCDC Back to School
SAVE THE DATES
Laredo Child Development Center
- August 23 – LCDC Back to School Night
- Parent Coffee/Parent Day Dates:
September 22nd & 23rd
December 8th & 9th
- October 3rd/4th - Fall Picture Day
- October 25 - Family Learning Night #1
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: (by appointment)
- November 9th & 16th
- December 5-9 – Scholastic Book Fair
Please be sure to stay informed through the Laredo Child Development Center (LCDC) monthly newsletter, classroom newsletters, school messenger calls and our web site http://cdc.aurorak12.org/